Wednesday, June 20, 2007

New "Computer", Bad Headache

The crystal on my laptop blew (making the yela'kaja here curse, of course, that the people on Jed were incompetent enough not to send me with a spare). By the way, when a crystal blows in your face it's not fun. The thing literally melted into energy in front of my eyes and then exploded. Luckily it didn't do any serious damage, but the blast left purple dye everywhere! My face will be purple for a month, and I'll never get the clothes I was wearing clean, not to mention the fact that despite all our efforts to clean it up, the laptop is pretty well ruined. The Xala can't use their special solvents to clean it, as it would damage the laptop. Besides that, not only is the screen all purpled-out, they told me that the dye's gotten into the keyboard and may have screwed the whole thing over.

Luckily, the Xala had a new device in the works for me back on Jed. It just got in a couple hours ago. It took it a while to catch up with our island hopping on top of the amount of time it took to get it together. (It's always kinda strange when the longest "distance" in a trip takes the least amount of time, but I guarantee it took thousands of times longer to get the thing from the nearest gâ'akao here than it really took entering itself.)

Anyway, I'm still breaking this thing in, so my stuff will be spotty for a while. The control crystal needs to rearrange itself to respond to my thoughts, and I have to learn how to make it write without giving myself a great big headache. The machine's basically just a force-field screen and a control crystal. I'll give more detail later, as I feel a headache coming on right now.

Before I leave, I'll say I promise to get that thing on the Kesatan life cycle and family together soon. They've given me all the information, and the yela'kaja is going to help me write it up. Right now, I can't write much more for a while. See ya!

No comments: