Sunday, July 15, 2007

Quarantine

Sorry I was absent, I was just now allowed to have my stuff. I'm here on Lazga ("LAHZH gah") to meet a race that the yela'kaja here calls the Tzállö (which sounds something like "CHAWL yer" with a British accent). Once again, they give me the spellings, they don't let me make them up. Anyway, the Tzállö (which I'm sure would be harder to type than it is to make this gadget type) are apparently a bit neurotic about germs, so when I got here (which, according to what I'm told, took a couple days anyway, though to me it was all instantaneous) I was sent immediately to this little quarantine cell, despite assurances from the yela'kaja that all proper the proper precautions had already been taken -- which I'm quite sure of from all the vaccines and antibiotics and whatever-all drugs the Xala gave me before they took me to the gâ'axao station.

Anyway, at least they gave my cell some lights and found something I can eat. Outside my cell in the corridor is pitch black -- from the looks of it the Tzállö don't even have eyes. They find their way around through echolocation. Luckily, my hearing isn't good enough to hear their constant clicking, which I was warned about before I came, but I think I can kind of feel it -- every time one of those things comes in here I feel really uneasy. Of course, that could be just the fact that they look like tall gray-skinned people with no eyes and some serious ear lobes (thing giant raggedy elf ears). Hopefully I'll be out of this cell soon and the tour can get underway. There is no way that the whole planet is as dark and cold and gloomy as this quarantine cell.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not to sound geeky, but do their ears look anything like these dudes from Star Trek?

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/inconsistencies/dimorphism/tiburonian-tlor-theship.jpg

Unknown said...

No. Took a while to get into your picture, but they're definitely not like that. They're much longer, and they stick out a bit. The strangest thing is that they can point them around. I know when a Tzállö is "staring" at me when both ears are pointed at me.